Foreign Currency Purchase
Bank Sepah purchases notes up to the equivalent of USD 5,000.00 for Iranian rials. The purchase of foreign currency bank notes in excess of above-mentioned amount is due to well-doing anti-money laundering regulations. Purchase of foreign currency bank notes based on the declaration is permitted up to the declaration limit.
The following conditions are required to purchase foreign currencies using Market rate
- Receiving export declaration and export registration inquiry from customs in case of non-oil/ gas exports.
- In case of diplomatic agencies, submission of their Written application .
- Introduction letter of capitalization and technical & economical aid organization in case of foreign investments.
- The contract and the confirmation of career schedule by the respective employer in case of engineering and technical service export.
Foreign Currency Sale
Sale of foreign currencies is permissible for below-mentioned purposes:
- Importing goods and services
- Mission costs for government and embassies employees
- Other purposes subject to required license
Specified conditions for Selling foreign currencies at Market rate exist in C.B.I. foreign exchange regulations reference.